Rehabilitation Services – Available Seven Days a Week
Rehabilitation services are provided at Schervier by RehabCare, the nation’s preeminent rehab provider, and offer clinical expertise enhanced for the treatment of post-acute, medically complex patients, and for residents with chronic and debilitating conditions.
We offer evidence-based clinical programs to assist with recovery from a variety of medical conditions including: stroke; heart attack; congestive heart failure (CHF); chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); pulmonary fibrosis; multiple sclerosis (MS); Parkinson’s disease; and other neurological, cardiac, pulmonary, or orthopedic conditions.
Available programs include (but are not limited to):
- Fall Prevention
- Contracture Management
- Pain Management
- Wound Healing
- Cardio Pulmonary
- Post Operative Hip, Knee and other joint replacement
- Stroke Recovery
- Stroke Hand Edema
Technologically advanced equipment
- Improves confidence, agility, reaction time and motor control
- Improves muscle strength, flexibility, range of motion
Omnicycle Motor Assisted Ergometer
- Biofeedback and motor-assist technology to help with recovery from neuromuscular, orthopedic and cardio pulmonary conditions.
- unique system allows individuals to exercise their upper or lower body even when they might not have full control over their limbs or are suffering from other physical limitations
Omnistim FX2 Pro with Patented “PENS” Technology & Omnistim 500 Pro
- Neuromuscular stimulation to manage pain, relieve muscle spasms, increase range-of-motion, reduce muscle disuse atrophy, increase circulation, and re-educate muscles.
- Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation (PENS) is a patented and proprietary electrical stimulation waveform that closely replicates the body's normal muscle and nerve firing patterns.
Omnisound® 3000 Pro Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Vibration caused by sound waves creates a heating effect that can help reduce pain, increase circulation and increase the extensibility of collagen tissues to decrease joint stiffness.
- Ultrasound is also used to reduce muscle spasms, and decrease chronic inflammation
Megapulse Shortwave Diathermy
- Pulsed Shortwave Diathermy uses electromagnetic waves to create a heating effect that increases circulation in the body’s tissues.
- Diathermy has been used for many years to help reduce pain and inflammation, decrease joint stiffness, relieve muscle spasms and increase local blood flow
- Used to assist in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, slow healing wounds and arthritis.